1st issue of the Gradio newsletter! 🆕
Every two weeks, we’ll be sharing the latest news from the machine learning world, including the state-of-the-art machine learning models and demos that you can try right in your browser. Read on below 👇
- New Gradio Huggingface Spaces Demos ✅
- Gradio Version 2.4.0 ✅
First of all, if you haven’t already done so, consider taking 5 seconds and giving us a GitHub star to help our free, open-source library get more visible!
🆕 Huggingface Spaces 🚀
🤗 Spaces is out of beta, create your demos on Spaces using Gradio 🚀 Here are some good ones to check out.
Inspired by OpenAI’s DALL-E model, ruDALL-E is a 1.3B params, open-source text-to-image model by SberAI. A Gradio demo was built by Anton Lozhkov (🤗), taking advantage of Gradio’s Series class which strings models together in series.
DeOldify is a Deep Learning based project for colorizing and restoring old images (and video!) by Jason Antic. Gradio demo was built by Ahsen Khaliq.
- Github: https://github.com/jantic/DeOldify
- Spaces Demo: https://huggingface.co/spaces/akhaliq/deoldify
- Spaces Code: https://huggingface.co/spaces/akhaliq/deoldify/blob/main/app.py
Animeganv2 face portrait v2 pytorch by @bryandlee turns portrait photos into anime style images. Gradio demo by Ahsen Khaliq
GP Posterior Approximation with Transformers
- Transformers Can Do Bayesian Inference by @samuelinferences on huggingface spaces
- TrOCR: Transformer-based Optical Character Recognition with Pre-trained Models by Minghao Li, Tengchao Lv, Lei Cui, Yijuan Lu, Dinei Florencio, Cha Zhang, Zhoujun Li, and Furu Wei. Gradio demo by Niels Rogge (🤗)
Gradio Version 2.4.0 ✅
We released Gradio version 2.4.0 with a lot of new features. Read the full release notes here, or we’ve summarized the key enhancements below: 🚀
Gradio version 2.4.0 includes several enhancements to the library: 🆕
Ability to load Huggingface Spaces as Interfaces 🌌
- You can now load any Huggingface gradio Space as an Interface in one line of code. Here's an example
Ability to call() an Interface as a regular python function 🐍
- Related to this is the ability to call Interfaces as regular functions. You can now do the following for example
Error logging in the front end ❗
- Gradio now supports piping errors to the console for you to see. The show_error flag in the launch method is True by default, allowing you to see any errors caused by your prediction in the console. For example, in the image below there was a division by zero error.
API docs for every interface 🔧
- Gradio supports a REST API for every interface. This release brings interface specific docs for using that API. You will now see a link at the bottom of the interface that will take you to its API docs page